Receipt processing holds much promise today. Resource savings in handling business expenses reports, effective loyalty programs, and control over personal finances are just some of the opportunities that receipt data capture can offer. However developing receipts processing is anything but simple.
Here are some of the most common pains for developers in receipt capture:
- Poor quality of paper, print, and photo.
- No well-defined receipt structure or common receipt template.
- Local country specifics of receipts.
- Failure in keyword search due to OCR errors.
- Difficulty in gathering enough receipt samples.
We’d like to share ABBYY’s long-term experience in receipt capture development and take a closer look at these pains.