Receipt processing holds much promise today. Resource savings in handling business expenses reports, effective loyalty programs, and control over personal finances are just some of the opportunities that receipt data capture can offer. However developing receipts processing is anything but simple.
Here are some of the most common pains for developers in receipt capture:
- Poor quality of paper, print, and photo.
- No well-defined receipt structure or common receipt template.
- Local country specifics of receipts.
- Failure in keyword search due to OCR errors.
- Difficulty in gathering enough receipt samples.
We’d like to share ABBYY’s long-term experience in receipt capture development and take a closer look at these pains.
New Year’s Eve and miracles from ABBYY are right here, right now!
Hurry up to take part in the New Year campaign “OCR for Free” running until the end of January, 2016!
What do you need in order to participate in this campaign?
Just these two easy steps:
- Be a registered user of ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK Service. Haven’t registered yet? Do it right now! Register an account on http://cloud.ocrsdk.com/Account/Welcome.
- Share your experience about ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK usage via Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and receive each month 100 free pages to your application forever or get 1000 free pages for sharing experience in your blog.
Find out more information in “Get Free” section of Your ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK account’s Console.
New Year’s miracles can happen! Happy New Year for you from ABBYY! :-)
Mobile capture is a trend
The number of enterprise applications optimized for mobility will quadruple by 2016, according to IDC. Companies use mobile applications to boost their productivity more and more, and mobile spending rounds out the top 5 budget items for 2015 identified by IT executives, respondents to the Computerworld survey. We at ABBYY also see a growing interest among our customers in mobile capture technologies. During the last 2 years we have had many interesting projects in this area and would like to share with you a couple of cases that demonstrate how business process optimization can be done using Mobile Capture.